Scott Belsky presents some pointers for us to introspect and improve on.
We can benefit by:
- Reducing constant distraction from a stream of incoming communications- tune out or homogenise these.
- Organising projects into ‘action steps’ (immediately relevant), ‘backburners’ (maturing, and potentially irrelevant) and ‘references’ (mostly irrelevant paraphenalia).
- Taking meetings only when required and focussing on producing ‘action steps’.
- Reducing ‘insecurity work’ (i.e. metric minutiae)- become aware, delineate and delegate this.
- Endure the ‘project plateau’ – push on through this rather than hopping to the exciting initial phase of a new project.